About Nutan Buddhibal Mandal
Forth - coming events
Late J.V. Rajawade, Late N. B. Dixit, Late S. B. Shingare & Shri N. V. alias Bhuasaheb Padsalgikar and eight friends founded this Mandal on 25th December 1941 at Sangli, in the memory of prominent chess player and chess lover Late Vishnupant Ramchandra Rajawade.
Aims of Association
- To promote and to chess the game of chess to the public free of charge. This game has Indian origin, which is also named as Chaturang- Shatranj
- To arrange chess tournaments on all India basis.
- To train & develop world class chess players.
- To publish books & printed matter to help chess players and to create a library for this purpose.
- To help the players for promoting their game & the research activities in chess.
Our Journey of progress
- In December 1941, we started the tournaments for new players upto 1967.
- In November 1942 at Diwali vacation, started tournaments for expert players in chess upto 1967.
- In 1946 the Mandal had it’s own memorandum of association, so the legal entity of association- Nutan Buddhibal Mandal was established.In 1967 Late Vasantrao Vaidya donated generously so from 1968 the mandal is organising all India level Chess Tournaments. This is 41st year of our Late S.K. Vaidya Memorial Sangli Chess Festival.
News and Information
- 1. Our upgraded and dynamic website nbmsangli.com is live now.
- 2. Now you are able to register online for the tournaments.
- 3. One or more sections of our upgraded website are under construction. Your suggestions regarding renovation are welcome.
For suggestions click here